Representative Matters Handled
- Represented owner of shared pier at Lake Tahoe. Adverse party/neighbor sought to enforce severe restrictions on pier and adjacent property. Case proceeded to trial wherein client obtained completely successful defense verdict and recovered 100% of their attorney’s fees.
- Defended officer of corporation in case alleging multimillion dollar fraud in connection with the sale of property. Obtained dismissal following successful motion.
- Defended injury claim on behalf of casino/hotel. Through discovery, was able to obtain evidence of fraudulent activities by plaintiffs which led to immediate voluntary dismissal of the case by plaintiffs, who received nothing.
- Represented real estate developer against the developer’s former employee who claimed equity interest in multimillion dollar development project. Matter proceeded to trial wherein client obtained a complete defense verdict and recovered and obtained judgment for 100% of attorney’s fees against plaintiff.
- Brought malicious prosecution claim against a defendant who had framed client for a crime. Quickly obtained favorable settlement with minimal litigation expense.
- Defended several cases in both Nevada and California wherein the adverse party sought to impose alter ego liability on client by piercing the corporate veil. No such effort to impose liability on firm’s clients was successful.
- Defended outdoor recreational company involving claims for serious bodily injury. Obtained defense jury verdict after successfully advancing assumption of risk defense.
- Sought and defended against wide variety of motions for temporary restraining orders, preliminary injunctions and protective orders.
- Defended client against defamation lawsuit. Was able to uncover notorious criminal activity by plaintiff committed before plaintiff began using assumed name. Case successfully concluded shortly thereafter.
- Defended and prosecuted multiple real estate cases involving boundary lines, encroachments, partition, easements, TRPA code provisions, and related adjacent property disputes.
- Successfully handled multiple lawsuits regarding construction and use of boat docks and piers located on Lake Tahoe.
- Successfully defended multiple lawsuits on behalf of real estate brokers, property managers, and salespeople acting in their professional capacity and actions pertaining to breaches of real estate sales contracts.
- Successfully prosecuted fraudulent transfer action to obtain judgment in excess of $1,000,000 and successfully pursued post-judgment collection.
- Successfully prosecuted multiple fraud and nondisclosure claims in connection with the sale of real estate.
- Successfully prosecuted claims for nondisclosure and fraud in connection with the purchase and sale of businesses and business assets, and have resolved multiple business dissolution cases.
- Won cases at trial in local courts (El Dorado and Alpine County, California, Douglas County, Nevada).
- Successfully obtained dismissal of claim brought against defense contractor alleging breach of contract.
- Defended insurance carriers and their insured in wide variety of disputes.
- Successful opposition of special use permit sought by prospective business competitor of client.
- Handled wide variety of contract and collection actions.
- Defense of tort and injury claims.
- Representation of crime victims.
- Representation of governmental entities in Nevada and California.
- Representation of clients in construction matters.
Attorneys serving South Lake Tahoe since 1980
Serving El Dorado and Alpine County California, including South Lake Tahoe, Meyers, Markleeville, Kirkwood, and Homewood.
Serving Douglas County Nevada, including Stateline, Zephyr Cove, Glenbrook, Genoa, Minden, Gardnerville.